PLAYER CODE OF CONDUCT
Our primary goal is to promote juniors who are determined to grow their competitive edge, build character, display sportsmanship, and gain confidence in golf and in life. The staff strives to make each tournament a memorable experience for every player.
With our goals in mind, this tour can only run at a top level if we all participate in its success. Players need to display extraordinary effort, attitude, and sportsmanship. We require admirable behavior before, during and following each and every tournament.
The Code of Conduct is a set of guidelines for our junior golfers to follow throughout the tournament season and into the future. The purpose of the Code of Conduct is to help our players become confident, mature individuals by understanding and learning from the consequences of their own actions.
ATTIRE: Proper attire must be worn at all times during competition, as well as during practice rounds. First violation will result in a verbal warning; second violation will result in disqualification.
• Collared shirts or mock turtlenecks must be worn and tucked in at all times
• Girls may wear sleeveless shirts as long as the shirt has a collar.
• If a hat is worn, it should be worn in the proper manner
• No bare mid-drifts at any time
ALCOHOL, TOBACCO, DRUGS: Use of alcohol, tobacco, or drugs, on or off the course, will not be tolerated and will be considered a violation of the Golfweek’s Junior Tour Player’s Code of Conduct. This violation will result in automatic disqualification and/or suspension from future events.
ETIQUETTE/ON-COURSE BEHAVIOR: Serious breaches of etiquette can result in disqualification and/or suspension from future events. Violations include, but are not limited to:
• Abusive, obscene and vulgar language
• Disrespect shown to volunteers, course officials, golf professionals, staff and other competitors
• Throwing clubs, violent and erratic club swinging, etc.
• Mistreatment of the golf course in anyway
• Advice from parents/spectators
CHEATING: Players are expected to abide by the rules of fair and honest competition. Players are to resist any temptation to improve lies, move balls, shorten putts or miscount strokes.
Players are also expected to hold others in their group to the same standards.
• Be honest about your score and the score of the player you are marking for
• Do not seek advice from parents/spectators (ex: club choice, yardage, etc.)
• Make sure you confirm scores at the conclusion of each hole. If there is a disagreement, retrace the player’s shots prior to beginning the next hole.
OFF-COURSE BEHAVIOR: Serious breaches of off-course etiquette can result in disqualification and/or suspension from future events. Violations include, but are not limited to:
• Any abusive, obscene or vulgar language
• Vandalism or mistreatment of hotel or the host facility
We at Rocky Mountain Junior Golf Tour value our respected reputation. We expect all participants to conduct themselves in a mature manner, on and off the course, while participating in any Rocky Mountain Junior Golf Tour events.
Click here to register for College Bound
Subscribe to our mailing list